<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 13, 2006

TWINS: Yes, I still watch television; the reason I don't talk about it all the time because nobody pays me to talk about it all the time, and the two people that read me yesterday probably found me by looking for tiny teenage breasts, which is another negative incentive to keep typing.

I caught up with a show on the WB called Twins, and while it's apparently been reasonably successful, I don't watch anything on the WB, so I found this show by accident in our local affiliate's Sunday early evening "catch it again" slot. The premise is simple enough: Sara Gilbert (yes, that one) and Molly Stanton are fraternal twins. Sara's character is the dull, smart brunette one--oddly enough, the type I usually end up being attracted to, but that's my burden, not yours (*1). Molly plays the...well, the blonde (read: the fun, dim girl). Their parents are played by Mark Linn-Baker (COUSIN LARRY~~~!!!) and Melanie Griffith, and when dad decides to pass the family business down to the girls, zany hijinks ensue...which with me normally is about as much of an endorsement as "they start eating live puppies", but read on...

Mmmkay, I only saw the one episode, so it's too probably too soon for me to judge, but while it seems to be strictly from the Sitcom 101 template, it's not too bad a show either, and it's nice to see some familiar faces on the air again. Maybe my experience with The Mullets and (ugh) 12 Ounce Mouse has made me more tolerant to the simply dull as opposed to the stridently bad. Sisters doesn't want to make you put your fist through the screen; it's just there--just like this blog, oddly enough--and while I have to say it seems a bit too bland for what passes for Must See TV these days, and not stand-outish enough for me to schedule my Friday nights around(*2) , it's a reasonable go at a standard-issue US sitcom formula with people who I trust can work the style.

Still, I fear that if I'm drawn into this show's web, I'll end up watching Reba, too. And when it dawns on me that I'm watching REBA, I'll have to turn off the TV and just read for the next six months to get my Fine Literary Mind back. I have my limits, you know.

(* Footnote 1: "Dull" isn't a prerequisite, but hopefully if you got the "smart" part down, you figured out the rest on your own...)

(* Footnote 2: Like I ever have to worry about scheduling conflicts on my Fridays. HAHAHAHAisuck....

Oh, and when I found out a year or so ago that Sara Gilbert preferred the company of women, I was bummed all day, but learned to accept that things like this happen to my adolescent TV crushes. Darlene Conner was America's Slacker Sweetheart, what can I say...)
 
|| Eric 12:42 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?