<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 16, 2006

RUFUS!: Yes, in the upscale dog show circuit, he's called Ch Rocky Top's Sundance Kid, but don't be fooled...he's just Rufus to the little people. And dammit, he's a winner.

Yep, I'm the odd man out, a wrestling fan who watches the Westminster Dog Show. And yeah, I'm a day behind (at least) on saying "good on ya, pally", but there you are.

WE COULD ALL BE READING A BOOK RIGHT NOW: In another sign the reality show trend should die a flaming death and the perpretrators of these "trendy" series should have flaming knitting needles jammed through their eye sockets, MTV has decided to trot out three more shows "offering an unvarnished look at the lives of young people in settings not often seen in primetime". Of course, that's all pre-digested press release crap...you know it, I know it, but hey, bullet points!

Also, the hopeless faithful get treated to more True Life, for topics that aren't crappy enough to rate their own series, and My Super Sweet 16, which for the protection of my immortal soul I will never watch, but I understand involves overindulged spoiled upper-middle-class-to-rich girls whining their asses off until they get their goddamn overblown birthday party with no old people. And I guess that also means me, relegated to the back room that is VH1, closer to my target demographic but still annoying in its own special way.

I hate you, MTV. Cut it out already. But I'll still take your money if you're offering.

 
|| Eric 12:49 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?