<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 02, 2004

IT'S ALL IN HOW YOU TELL 'EM: In lieu of original material (it's coming, I promise), here's a few random selections from a facsimile of Joe Miller's Jests, or The Wit's Vade-mecum, the most popular of the first-wave jokebooks (published in 1739). All the flaky style issues are as they came out of the original book, so you can't pin that one on me, but it does show that the classics never die, no matter how hard we try to kill them:

A longer selection will be made available on request, or an even longer one if there are no requests. That's my set for tonight...please remember to tip your wait staff...

AND ONE OTHER THING: Please welcome the Trackback link to my arsenal of things you're not likely to take advantage of. Haloscan kept piling it on until I had to give 'em my money, so there ya go...

I republished the entire blog so all the articles could be tracked back, and I hope that's the last time I have to do that for awhile. I live for my little sidebar comments, and it's always sad to see them go.

(Edit @ 10:30am: The upside is that all those cheerful comments from the beginning finally came back. W00T!)
 
|| Eric 7:33 PM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?