<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 04, 2004

GIVE ME BACK MY LIFE, YOU BASTARD: A few weeks back, you might've noticed I was talking up a blog about making up stories connected to found pictures "until he either runs out of pictures or the rightful owner shows up to take back his/her life". I should've paid closer attention, because just a few days after Slashdot brought it to my attention, Engadget told all interested parties the site suddenly disappeared without a by-your-leave.

I had a wonderful imaginary scenario cooked up for this one, which I was going to cram down everybody's throat, but dangit if somebody else didn't actually write the guy to ask what gives:
Hi M. Thanks for the email. I haven't been contacted by the owner,
but I believe that he knows. The site's exposure got out of hand. I
hope to get the card back to the owner as soon as possible. I'll try
to put up a post when something happens.
So when he started seeing all those hits come in, Mr. Found Life thought to himself, "This is a good thing and a bad thing." Makes sense. Of course, since nothing truly disappears from the Internet as long as somebody's interested, there's a mirror of the last frontpage out there. Other than that, those who have an itch for recontextualized pictures will have to go to Cliff or that Lileks guy.
 
|| Eric 10:52 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?