<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 14, 2004

IT'S MY BRAAAAAAAAAAAIN!: I've always been fascinated by the workings of the brain, and the things you can make it do if you know the right way to coax it. The main result of this interest is my on-again, off-again pursuit of lucid dreaming, but I tripped across Neil Slade's website which claims to have a technique to rewire your brain (literally).

From what I've seen of his pages so far, Mr. Slade states there's a part of your brain called the amygdala which is about the size of the tip of your thumb. In his theory, it acts as a switch to "turn on" the frontal lobes, and as a result, your higher consciousness. He presents a simple visualization technique (you had to know that visualization was involved in this routine) that trips the switch. Also, unlike the lightswitch rave, you get better and better results the more you flip the amygdala, since each flip builds more neural connections between the frontal lobes and the rest of the brain.

It's interesting stuff, although he kind of lost me with the stories about making a cloud disperse just by looking at it, and let's not mention the "drought breaking by ESP" experiment. I've got a bit of Agent Mulder in me--I want to believe--but I'm not quite ready to bite the hook on all of it.

Yes, I tried flipping the switch earlier; it wasn't quite the epiphany that was advertised. Maybe I blew a fuse and should stick a penny behind my ear to complete the connection. Anyway, it's something to do.
 
|| Eric 2:32 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?