<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 09, 2004

GRAMMY'S HOUSE SMELLS FUNNY: The Grammys haven't moved me in awhile, so I ditched all but the last hour or so, when I was lured in by a poorly organized "salute" to funk music. Not only did I apparently dodge the most pitiful Beatles tribute outside of the local drunken karaoke night, but also the umpteenth apology for the Evil Wardrobe Malfunction. Just shut up, Justin; we're sick of hearing about it, and the reasons have nothing to do with being offended.

The other music was what it was, for better or worse. The Warren Zevon tribute was tastefully done, although thanks to overly clever direction it took awhile to figure out what was happening onstage.

The presenters were as excruciating as ever, as all the "zany" pairings and teleprompted banter made my brain itch and my imagination bleed.

However, three words bugged me more than anything that happened onstage: FIVE MINUTE DELAY. We were told about this decision repeatedly last week and it still didn't compute until the night itself. Are the CBS censors 90 years old? Was the mute button for the satellite feed across the street? Has the network's parent company, at long last, completely lost its mind? I'm putting up a poll to get your thoughts on it. Results will be posted here in the next week, because God knows we need to drag this whole debacle out longer.

No, I don't remember who won anything. Why do you ask?
 
|| Eric 6:41 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?