<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

THE DAY AFTER THE DAY BEFORE: Ladies and gentlemen, 14 February, 2004 is now a memory, which means it is now officially Saint Halfoffheartshapedcandy Day. We've formalized a few rituals since I wrote the originial treatise on the holiday (at least, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it), so as soon as the markdown signs go up, grab yourself some dark chocolate hearts and chow down.

One of the highlights of the time I did at Walmart was the day after V-Day, when I would help the American Greetings representative round up the heart-shaped balloons and ritualistically puncturing them one by one with a box cutter. It was very therapeutic at the time, and probably would be now, too. Of course, today I'd have to BUY the balloons, so it's not happening.

Anyway, I know there are a few people who read this that ARE in happy, long-term relationships. To those people, I have a special holiday wish for you: LAY THE HELL OFF ME, OKAY? I'll come around when I damn well feel like it!

Cheers!
 
|| Eric 12:35 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?