<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2004

SON OF DVD ALERT: I just found some Flintstones DVD news. Should I be scared?

The "original promo spots" are an interesting carrot to dangle in front of us, since I remember Fred and Barney taking a cigarette break one time. I have severe doubts this will be on the DVD set, except possibly as a well-hidden Easter egg. That goes double for the Busch beer promo film. I haven't seen any version of the Flintstones in years, so I might take a pass on this one...for awhile.

OVERTURE...CURTAIN, LIGHTS...: As long as I'm talking about cartoons, I just realized I completely forgot to mention picking up the Looney Tunes Golden Collection right after Christmas, in one of the best-managed post-Christmas rush crowds I've ever seen anywhere (thumbs up to Best Buy...once again, Wal Mart sucks). Lots and lots of great extras, and the long lost segments from the Bugs Bunny Show brought huge chunks of my misspent youth rolling back.

The people who hated this set without hesitation because they didn't topload it with more of the legendary cartoons are out of their minds. Every home should have a copy, even if the singing frog cartoon or "Kill the wabbit" isn't on there. Keep 'em coming, Time-Warner.

FAR TOO MANY CARTOONS IN THIS UPDATE: Oh. My. GOD. It's the motherlode. Of course, now I must have them all. Even Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet The Groovie Ghoulies, which, by most accounts, is an abomination against cartoon nature.
 
|| Eric 4:19 PM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?