<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 01, 2004

GOOD RIDDANCE 2003: I'll keep it about as short as I can make it; this wasn't my best year. I spent the year either unemployed or in a placeholder job which gave me absolutely nothing that I was looking for except money (and precious little of that). It felt like every day was exactly like every other day, and then the year ended. By default, 2004 couldn't help but be better, since '03 was a writeoff in a lot of depressing ways.

However, I rang in the new year by finding out that The Brak Show, a favorite of mine, was cancelled. Right after that, I found out that a particularly nasty part of the second "Patriot" Act was signed into law and nobody even noticed. The first, taken by itself, would be a very bad omen for '04; both items together make me want to stay in bed, at least until the election starts.

So I enter this year saying what was almost a mantra for '03: Lord, leave me with a mind.

(Edit @ 1:17pm: I almost forgot that New Year's Day is when Mad TV takes over the 29 hours a day Comedy Central used to reserve for the same ten SNL reruns over and over. I knew it was coming, but I didn't want to think about it, and now...well, it leaves more time for reading, I suppose.)
 
|| Eric 12:54 PM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?