<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 22, 2003

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Here's a paranoid fantasy that came to me in chat a few nights ago about why they chose this moment to collar Jacko and how it "coincidentally" pushed the anti-Bush protestors in England off the front page. The scene is a month or so ago, when Bush the Younger swung through California to meet governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger on his way to a mystery tour of Asia. Arnold has just cracked a beer, since "milk is for babies", and from the way the president is wringing his hands, it's obvious that something's on his mind. Finally, he speaks.

Dubya: "I hear they're gonna take down Jacko..."

Arnold: "Maybe."

Dubya: "Can you put a hold on it until I say the word? I might need a distraction if somebody starts a massive protest against me."

Arnold (does a cartoony double take, then strokes his chin, sounding remarkably like a Robert Smigel impersonation): THAT MIGHT BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO WORK!

Bush and Arnold share an evil laugh, then Arnold gets the Cuban cigars out of the humidor.

Of course, there's always somebody to knock you off your game, and Max (oooooo, Mister FREELANCE) pointed out two important things (if you can call ANY of it important, of course): that my scenario would work better with Rumsfeld or Cheney as the administration's point man instead of Dubya, and that the real conversation was something along the lines of "Remember when you killed the robot in Terminator 2? That was cool." And dammit, I have to agree. I guess that's why he's the freelancer and I'm writing for free...
 
|| Eric 10:46 AM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?