<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

WATCH THIS SPACE: This is one of those days I feel like writing just for its own sake, but I don't think I have anything in particular in mind. I've still got a book on the burner, but of course I don't talk about books I haven't finished because that might jinx whatever forward momentum I've got going. I'd talk about music (which I just realized I very rarely do on here) if I was actually listening to something at the moment. Haven't cracked the paper yet. The junk mail wasn't too inspiring today...the fake Capital One card packed with another application reminded me of how they used to send unsolicited pre-approved credit cards in the junk instead of "pre-approved applications", so all you had to do is sign the card, take it to the mall, and wreck your credit rating. It was something the postal authorities cracked down on way back in the day, and it stuck with me all these years, but as you can see, I've finished with it in under two sentences, so I'm stuck again.

Oooooo, a paragraph. And now two. Anyway, they say the best way to be a writer is to write, and the way I figure it, I'll have gotten all this drivel out of my system so I can move on to something else later today, or tomorrow.

I have an itch to say "this all reminds me of something that happened one time (at work/at school/at the mall/while I was chopping up a drifter)", but the only thing this reminds me of was the last time I started typing just to fill space. As I remember, it didn't end so much as it just stopped, so while this isn't a proper ending by any means, it looks like as good a place to stop as any.
 
|| Eric 2:17 PM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?