<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 11, 2003

NO TRIBUTE: My commemoration of the events of the day is to not cheapen death by cheating on life. I didn't lose anybody, I've never been to the city, so anything I'd say would be for ego-gratification and no more. So no self-flagellation in the streets, no wearing of the hair shirt, no carrying of unbearable sadness to the grave (for one day). My eyes today are firmly fixed on the present and hopes of the future, and any sadness I might've felt is tempered by the frustration at the breathtakingly boneheaded and underbellied manouvers done in flag and freedom's name since then, up to this very moment.

So my contribution to the anniversary is to not contribute anything to the anniversary. There are thousands who have legitimate grounds for mourning today, and I don't presume to chart the course of other people's hearts, but I personally refuse to go through the motions and make anybody in the the government feel good or justified about what's happened in the world since then.

We pause, then we move on. The hand writes it's line, and off it goes again.

If you're disappointed at all, there's probably tens of thousands of pages of glurge on the subject today written by people who've never even been within a thousand miles of New York, and I'd recommend you go find one of them right now. And as always, I end with a reminder that I speak for the only person for who I have a right to speak.

I will recommend a quick look at this article, while it's fresh on everybody's mind.

(I'll be back to irrelevant chatter for the weekend. Promise.)
 
|| Eric 3:39 PM#

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?